Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Beginning

Where to begin?  Usually "the beginning" is a good place.  But, where is THE beginning?  For me and this attempt to share on my "blog" I will begin now, "not way back when."

As a church person I have many times said, "the only people in church who like a change are the babies in diapers."  Whether it is in church or in life, change doesn't come easily to any of us if we are honest.

My world "changed" recently.  For the good, I might add.  Not that what I left was bad by any stretch of the imagination.  But, I look at this new time in my life as good.  Why?  Because my wife and I sincerely believe God  is in control and His plans for us are best (Jeremiah 29:11-12).  We have moved to a wonderful community in the northwest Georgia mountains which we just adore.  We have been welcomed warmly and graciously by a wonderful congregation with which Susan will work by calling and vocation, and I will find my place by choice.

A change for me will be the uncertainty of "gainful employment" at this time.  I have been privileged to serve as a minister, an administrator, a chaplain, a community leader.  Now I wait (and work diligently to find!) to see how the LORD will take all of who I am, all of what He has done in and through me, and all of what He wants to accomplish and allow me to be a part of it.

So, as I "DEAL" with my world, I will share thoughts, anecdotes, opinions and perhaps other useless nonsense!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang tight. The Lookouts will need vendors soon. Work on calling out "PEANUTS!" in your best preacher voice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. North Georgia? You're going to love it up there! Have you been to Taccoa Falls yet?

    MLS

    ReplyDelete