Friday, July 13, 2012

Time Keeps on Slippin' Into the Future


24 hours = 1 day
168 hours = 1 week
627 hours, 720 hours, 744 hours = 1 month depending on calendar (except leap year)
8,760 hours = 1 year (note above)
495,670 hours (approx.) = my life thus far

Time Management.  What did I do today?  Did I earn my pay?  Have I wasted time?  How has my productivity been?  Did I give ample, adequate and quality time to my wife?  My children?  Prayer?  Bible study?  Service to others?  Recreation?

I do not punch a clock—for that I am grateful.  I admire those who do; they know that to do their “job” they must log certain amount of time.  It may be 9 – 5.  It may be split shifts.  It may be rotating shifts (oh the sleep deprivation!) 

Others’ “job” is to accomplish certain tasks and they may or may not use a calendar or time piece to gauge their work.  Farmers, for example, know that the ground must be tilled and prepared at a certain time, perhaps with a certain amount of moisture or temperature.  Seed should be planted at the “appropriate time” to better the chances of a successful crop.  During the growing “time” or season care must be given to the crop by weeding, pest control, and irrigation.  And then at the most very-right time, harvest!

My “work” is a mixture of things nowadays.  I affectionately call it “spinning plates in the air.”  Much of what I “do” relates to each other; so I struggle over assuring I give each one all the appropriate time and attention they deserve.  It is not much different than being fully engaged in local congregation employment (those of us who do or have done know that to be true!)  But one of the struggles I have been dealing with has been managing my time.

The song that is on “repeat” in my mind is the Steve Miller Band’s Time Keeps on Slippin’ Into the Future.  With every beat of my heart, the clock ticks and this second is no longer the last second, and so forth.  Jim Croce recorded another song Time in a Bottle in which he sings, “But there never seems to be enough time, To do the things you want to do, Once you find them.”


So, I am working hard to relax in the day, do what I can, consider the things I missed and re-evaluate how much stress I place on myself to get it all done.  I am reading back over this now and just got tired.  I think I’ll take a break now!

7 comments:

  1. Tell me about it. Some days I'm sprinting just to hold my place and some days I'm waiting by the phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy, I have enjoyed reading your posts. This one reminded me of working in the churches served over the years. Now retired and staying busy, I am not sure when I had time to work before. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost my 15 years relationship during December. My husband left me with so many pains and since then i have been heart broken and shattered. I have contact 7spell casters and 7 of them has rip me off my money without no result. I have Emailed so many sites online looking for a good spell caster untill i was directed by a 20 years old boy to wiseindividualspell@gmail.com: wiseindividualspell@gmail.com At first i never believed him because he was requesting for some amount of money to buy items to cast the spell, it took him 4 weeks to convince me and something occur to my mind and i said let me give him a trial. I was very shocked when Nichasin called four days after i sent Dr.Zack Balo the items money. He apologies for all he has done wrong and i am very happy that we are together today now because he proposed to marry me. I will advise you contact wiseindividualspell@gmail.com because he has done wonders in my life and i believe he can help you out in any problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently have a good luck spell cast on me by Dr Shakes Spear and I want anyone to tell me how it use to work because still I had this spell cast on me different companies has been coming to me for me to work with them and I do not really know which of the companies is the right one for me and I’m so happy because since last 7months I lost my job and I have been looking for job and I was unable to get one for myself till I had this spell cast on me so is there anyone that can advice me on which of the companies that is right for me? And I also thank Dr Shakes Spear for his help too anyone in need of help with spell I will advise you to contact him on this email: shakesspear23@yahoo.com OR shakesspear23@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. DR SHAKES SPEAR is like a father to the fatherless.. I never believed these will really make a change in my marriage, and I never have it in my thought that I could ever been with my husband Mr Andrew after divorcing and ending our 33years marriage.... My life was upset I never knew where to start from when my husband broke up with me.....My name is Wills Andrew from Poland but got married and live in Chicago USA, shakesspear23@yahoo.com is the right email address to contact for an urgent help in getting your lover back.... My husband and I have been together for 33years before he divorced me and i was so upset because i thought i have lost my marriage forever... i did all i could to please for my husband to bring me back home but all to be in vain.. i had to travel away from my state because i was not having anywhere to stay because my home was not conducive for me to stay because my husband want me out of th house, i travel to a friend of mine in California, one night, when i was searching on a good spell caster results that help in bringing back lost lover's and husband's, i found an interesting story that was shared by Santana Valdez From Texas Huston, about a good spell caster called DR SHAKES SPEAR, and how he helped her in getting her husban back home, and i decided to put a try in contacting him... he replied me back.. i thought at first these was just normal and he told me that i was going to get back my husband after a period of 28hours i still doubted him.... But today as i am sharing these good news is for me to express my experience to all the whole universe that these is a good spell caster that helps in bringing back lost lovers and he is (shakesspear23@yahoo.com OR shakesspear23@gmail.com) I am happily with my husband and my 3 kids, TARRY, WENDY, JEFF... great DR SHAKES SPEAR i thank you for helping me to get my family back.... his email address is (shakesspear23@yahoo.com OR shakesspear23@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Name is Lee Kima, From United Kingdom. I wish to share my testimonies with the general public about what this man called Dr SHAKES SPEAR has just done for me , this man has just brought back my lost Ex husband to me with his great spell, I was married to this man called Steven we were together for a long time and we loved our self’s but when I was unable to give him a child for 2 years he left me and told me he can’t continue anymore then I was now looking for ways to get him back until a friend of mine told me about this man and gave his contact email: shakesspear23@yahoo.com OR shakesspear23@gmail.com then you won't believe this when I contacted this man on my problems he prepared this spell cast and bring my lost husband back, and after a month I miss my month and go for a test and the result stated am pregnant am happy today am a mother of a baby girl, thank you once again the great Dr SHAKES SPEAR for what you have done for me, if you are out there passing through any of this problems listed below:


    1) If you want your ex back.
    (2) if you always have bad dreams.
    (3) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4) You want women/men to run after you.
    (5) If you want a child.
    (6) You want to be rich.
    (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be
    yours forever.
    (8) If you need financial assistance.
    (9) How you been scammed and you want to recover you lost money.
    (10)Stop Divorce

    Email...shakesspear23@yahoo.com OR shakesspear23@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks to ogbefispell@gmail.com who helped me bring back my my girl friend in just 2 weeks he is a great spell caster he has helped me so very very much, I am sure that he can probably do the same for you.

    ReplyDelete